Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Double J Celebration

It was a rainy Thursday when Vangie sent a personal message informing me she’s already in Manila for a short period of time. It’s a double header celebration for her two beautiful daughters – Julianne’s 2nd birthday and Jasmine’s baptismal. As always, the party fell on a Saturday. Knowing Vangie, she won’t take no for an answer even if I did give her my valid reasons.

Since I have class till 6pm, I asked my sister to buy my presents. I asked her to buy my twin’s two daughters dresses at Rustan’s Makati and to have them gift wrapped for the occasion. Dutifully, she obliged despite not having eaten lunch that day!

Back to my story, class was extended for a few minutes and as usual, traffic in EDSA was the worst. As we were going to the De Jesus’ residence, I can’t help but reminisced some of the funny moments with Vangie during our ES/HS days.


The party for the kids started at 3pm. We came in at around 7pm. Even though we are 4 hours behind, there were still a number of guests. Food as always was provided by Corrhin’s Catering. I got to taste again Nanay’s special fried chicken. Even my sister enjoyed the Hotdogs. Yum!


Although we were late, I got to chat longer with my twin. We talked about almost all the topics that can be covered while I ate dinner and enjoyed each other’s company. I always feel at home whenever I’m at the De Jesus’ residence – para ka lang nasa bahay!


As I said my goodbyes, I can’t help but be teary eyed. It was as if we were just mere students the other day and now my twin is a mom of two beautiful girls. As the night goes deeper, I got good news – she’s coming home for good before the end of the year. Definitely more time for bonding and as I was leaving, I kidded her, one more round – make it a boy!

Gie, don’t forget to get me a room at the Venetian! Let’s have some fun in Macau before you head back to Manila for good.

No comments: