Saturday, December 29, 2007

Keeping Old Times, Strengthening Old Ties

Year in and year out we make it a point to see each other during special occasions. If we can’t make ourselves available in any ordinary day, we see to it that we meet at special dates within our lives. For years, I’ve been a little bit off in keeping my word with BFF Ruth in terms of seeing each other whenever it’s our birthday or the holidays. Time and distance are some big factors behind it but whatever date I miss, I make it up with constant emails, love letters and sending SMS.

For this year, I made it a point to lessen my shortcomings. BFF is always busy with her chores and I on the other hand have my own excuses. After I visited her at Cardinal, I told her that I’ll see her soon for the holidays. Lo and behold, after a number of missed get-togethers, we saw each other one more time before 2007 ended!


Over Chinese lunch and hot tea, we celebrated an early Christmas Lunch at the Highlands China Palace with Teddy and Elian. Baby Emilio’s still small so he stayed home with the grandparents.


Elian’s my godson and last time I saw him was three years ago in their residence in Don Antonio. I missed some of his birthday celebrations but I know I’m forgiven, because I didn’t forget my gifts! How’s that?! Hehehe. He really enjoyed the stuff I brought and was happy that we ate Chinese since he loves siu-mai.

Teddy, on the other hand, is looking very good; Ruth also. It looks like parenthood suits them both.


Seeing Ruth again with her family makes me reminisce the old days; the night-outs, the movie-dates, even the special lunches. Nowadays, it is really hard to do all the stuff since she’s already a mother of two and I’m always on the go.

Nevertheless, even if our bonding times are less, the true bond of friendship is still strong and will continue for a long time.

No comments: