Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Julianne's First

More than a month prior to the birthday party, my very good friend, Evangeline “Vangie” O. De Jesus-Cruz was already informing me about her daughter’s first birthday celebration.

Julianne whose exact birthday is May 8 celebrated her first birthday with a Hawaiian themed party at the Poolside of Legaspi 300 Towers in Roxas Boulevard. They flew in to Manila from their home-based, Macau, on the day of the birthday. The family decided to celebrate the event here with close family and friends.

Since it was a Saturday and I have plans every Saturday morning, I told Vangie that I’ll be late since I’ll be coming from the other side of the city. Just as I told her, I was late – big time! Traffic was bad and some parts of the Metropolis were experiencing a terrible rainfall.

I arrived with my sister just in time with the blowing of the Lilo-inspired birthday cake. It was great. Julianne or Lianne is such a cute girl though she doesn’t like being passed around to visitors – good thing when I was talking to her Mom she gladly came to me even for just a few seconds.


The food was good since Vangie’s family catered the event as well but since I was late I only took just a few bites and spent the rest of the time chatting with my so-called twin.

Sad part was it rained and most of the guests were seeking cover in the tent. Since I still have to meet with my brother and my parents, we left and said goodbyes.


To Julianne, happy birthday! To Vangie, it was just like old times. To Vangie and Jayson, congratulations and wishing you all the best during this happy, happy time.

1 comment:

frapr said...

wow! Looks like fun! happy birthday to julianne! wish we could join someday! :)