Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thoughts on Time

I don’t know that the thoughts below are really "life lessons" or not, but it had a profound effect on me the morning it came to my mind. It made me realize just how short our lives are on this earth, no matter what age we reach. It made me realize that we are so consumed with “time” and that is the one element we have no control over. For no matter what we do, time keeps ticking by at an ever-increasing speed.

As I awake each morning, I glance at the clock to see what time it is. One morning as I was doing this, the thought came to my mind that when we are young we try to determine the time upon awakening because we live by the minute. As we mature, we seek to know what day of the week it is, because we live by the day. Then as we grow older, we seek to know what month it might be, for time has sped up and now we live by the month. Then as we grow into our senior years, we seek to know what year it is for now time is simply spinning out of control and we strive to just hang on and live by the year.

Do not waste any time in your life, whether it is a second, a minute or a year.

No comments: