Sunday, December 14, 2008

For The First Time

It was a spur of the moment, fast-paced but fully-loaded dinner and it was their first time. Yes, for the first time in their lives, as they mentioned to me during our dinner, that it was their first time to eat in Glorietta 3 and in California Pizza Kitchen (CPK).


Maricel and Malou are friends and former officemates of Jannice Bautista-Vejerano. Jannice is my former staff in a former workplace and a friend and a kumare as well. I met Maricel and Malou through Jannice.



Maricel is an assistant of Jannice in CSM and I’ve met her since 2006 and then I met Malou during Jannice and Roger’s wedding day in December 2006. We bonded and both are such sweethearts.



Malou now works in a specialized school library system. Her only son, Aaron is such a cute boy and very playful. Just like Jannice, Maricel is also my kumare. We are both godmothers of Jannice’s son, Paulo Matteus.

I only had a few open dates before my winter holiday so when I had an opening and I can have dinner for a few hours, I called both girls and we met at Glorietta 3.


We had dinner at CPK and devoured the sumptuous BBQ Chicken Pizza, Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, Fried Calamares and Fettuccine Alfredo. Of course, we had to have dessert. Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae was such a treat and even both girls enjoyed their Raspberry Iced Teas.

I tried calling Jannice to join us that night but she won’t answer my calls. It would have been nice if she was able to join.

We had fun catching up with various stories and promised each other to visit once everybody is free. It would be Maricel’s birthday on January and she would love to have another get together.


We parted early that night, it was getting late as well and we live in different parts of the Metropolis. We exchanged Christmas presents and Malou even made personal Christmas cards and what’s written inside the card made me shed a tear.

Maricel and Malou – thank you so much for the laughter and the gifts. I’ll treasure all of them. Have a great holiday and see you soon!

No comments: