Tuesday, March 17, 2009

BF-CF-DF-EF-GF-FF

After fourteen months of no visual contact, we finally saw each other again. Moises or most known among close friends as Jon, with his girlfriend, Weng, fetched me from UP last Saturday after class.

It was Jon who decided to have dinner at North Park’s Kopi Tiam located in Horseshoe Village, Quezon City. I’ve never been in Kopi Tiam but I liked the trellis by the side of the restaurant. The whole trellis is filled with Lily of the Valley flowers and it was just hanging in full bloom.

As I admire the beauty of such white flowers, Weng noticed my footwear. I was wearing my Havaianas High Heel Sun Black Flip Flops and she was laughing her heart out. I looked at my feet, then her feet then we both laugh together. We were both wearing the same Havaianas. Jon was asking what are we laughing about, and then we just laugh even more. Talk about a twist of fate.


Kopi Tiam boasts about their unique Asian twist with various meals with a cozy ambiance. We had Pinsec Frito as appetizer. We also ordered their specialties: Lechon Macau, Chapcae, Classic Bibimbap, Garlic Squid and was greatly satisfied with the food.


While having dinner, Jon and I shared to Weng our Corfin Family Stories. It was nice reminiscing about the years we spent together as officemates and all the extracurricular activities we shared. Weng also commented on Jon’s latest diet and their LQ’s. This reminds me, I have to give them a tease on Thursday as March 19 is a memorable date for the lovebirds.


After dinner, we headed off to Rockwell in Makati City. Since they will be bringing me home for the night, I volunteered that we have Ice Cream for desserts. It was a little bit late when we reached The Ice Cream Bar (Flavors by FIC) but there was a long line of customers still. It was good that it was a bit chilly since we got the table outside – Alfresco Ice Cream treats for us.


While having our sweet treats, we continued with our stories and Jon made fun of himself by taking pictures of him. Filled with good food and laughter, we then headed home. They stayed another hour in my house since I showed to Weng our precious photographs.

I spent seven hours with Jon and Weng that night. When they left my house with their goodies, even if it was already the break of dawn, I was still smiling; it was nice to see them again and to reminisce.


Before leaving, Weng mentioned that we don’t have to wait another fourteen months, we will see each other again soon, especially now that Weng’s working just a few blocks away from mine and we scheduled for a few out of town gimmicks as well.

I wonder will I hear wedding bells for them real soon. Jon and Weng – wishing for your happiness together!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates and pictures! Long time!

Hi Weng - Im Bobby. I worked with Jon in a very memorable "project" where we fancied ourselves as the "Con-Air" team due to the "perils" involved in the project.

Anonymous said...

Seksi!

Ano ibig sabihin ng title? Nakalimutan mo ata ilagay dito ang meaning?

Payat ata si Moises!