Thursday, July 13, 2006

Being Single

One of my sister’s close friends from MaSci is very open with his feelings and his words. I was reading his blog earlier, I can’t help but agree to what he wrote, and somehow it made me realize that I for one am still single.

A Shot at Explaining Why Most of My Friends Are Single

I have been contemplating why most of my friends are single. Looking at them, they are eye candies, mature (I think), driven, motivated and all other qualities that most of us are looking for a partner but they are sticking to their status. I have been synching with some of them through electronic means and here are some of the best reasons inferring from our conversations....

  1. Most of them are at the stage of building a life-long career. Everyone is just hell too busy, that is why the electronic conversation most of the time. In fact, most of them are asserting themselves in their businesses or companies they are working at and all are on their way to the top (God bless them on this). Therefore, the time for dates, etc. are instead focused onto overtimes, even on weekends.
  2. Life right now is a lot harder than 5 years ago, when most of them were still students. And now that they are on their toes trying to tie their own shoes, a life full of complications is hard enough to handle, more so with an excess baggage that you can take some other time. Quoting a friend: "pucha ang hirap na ng buhay ngayon papahirapan mo pa dahil nagdagdag ka pa ng isang responsibilidad".
  3. Most of them are jaded little bitches and bastards who do not want to care anymore for the past took most of what they were holding onto. From third parties, to pregnancies, to trial-and-errors, most of them are shouting pain and grievances. (Wish ko lang wag masyadong jaded, di ba?) So some are still healing while others are still hurt.
  4. So since most of them are jaded, they are just waiting for the right person to come along, without even lifting a finger. In other words, nagmamahaba ng buhok. But in my personal opinion, they have all the right to do so.

Raf, for me being single at my age is by choice and I don’t regret that for a day. I am who I am. I see my friends who are not single anymore and yet they hate the world for the relationships they are in! They always wanted to change shoes with us and I can't blame them. There are times I pity them whenever I hear their stories especially the sad ones! Sometimes I envy their joys to which they actually happen.

Nevertheless, let’s have fun and enjoy our current state and try to learn from the experiences of our friends. We miss you, Rafael!

No comments: