Thursday, July 27, 2006

Potatoes

I was bloghopping earlier when I saw Geralyn’s entry on Mouse Potatoes. I smiled and then I laughed so hard that the other coffee addicts sitting on the next table looked at me differently.

Mouse potato (mows pohtaytoh) is a person who spends a lot of time at the computer. It is the computer equivalent of television’s couch potato. This word appeared originally in Gareth Branwyn's Jargon Watch column, in the January 1994 issue of Wired magazine.

Just like Geralyn, I spend a lot of time in front of the computer screen (with Harry, Carmen or Peter; Sir Igor, what’s the pet name you mentioned earlier?) and I do consider myself a Mouse Potato.
Why? Because I work online for about 7 to 8 hours a day and I tend to spend a great deal of my leisure time just surfing around.

Though you won’t call me a couch potato or a cellphone addict, my wrist and index finger is constantly surfing from one site to another. Surfing for what? Do ask Elline and she will definitely say that we love to read on lots of goodies on … Oops! Sorry it is our little secret!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not know that there is such a term now for geeks like us spending a lot of time surfing the web. Mouse Potato is a better term :)

Anonymous said...

i must admit i am one. :) pero in furness cute ang mouse potato name. is there a support group for us? i think i need one...hehe