Friday, February 20, 2009

A New Chapter

I am currently swamped with schoolwork aside from the usual work load and was really wishing to have a break with some friends. As I was rushing some inputs to a group presentation on the next class, I got a message from Elline.

At first I was kidding with her and was surprised she’s not at work. I asked her why and she gave me a few bogus reasons and then she dropped the bomb.

She’s leaving tonight for Singapore and will be starting with her new work in Nanyang Technological University, I was like, huwat?!

Elline resigned from her work, a work she’s been with for almost 13 years and will be starting to work for a very different work environment.


I am sad. Honestly, really sad. I’m not talking or chatting with Elline since she mentioned that her flight is for tonight and I haven’t seen her since Mary Ann’s birthday treat.

I am also happy. Happy for her new career and workplace and maybe she’ll find her Prince Charming in Jurong. Happy as well since we can visit her in Singapore and enjoy the sights.

I’m used to having her near my area. She’s just a cab away from me. A phone call away if I want to rant or rave a few stuff. Starting tomorrow, we’ll be 1,490 miles apart. It would take me 4 hours to see her rather than the usual 15 minutes.


Elline, I’ll miss you. As I write this one, I can’t help but cry.

Laurie, Mary Ann’s younger sister, told me that we really are following the steps of the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants storyline. From four, we are now down to two. Yet, even if will be divided again in distance, I do hope the friendship will stay the same.

Elline – it saddens me to learn that you are leaving but still good luck on your journey. I wish you all the best.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yun pala ang reason bakit mugto ang mata sa meeting!

Anonymous said...

oh ralline...

im sure kahit malayo na si elline, u will be friends for life..hindi nga lang physically pero may chat naman...

im sure everything will be all right

Anonymous said...

being fat is not abig deal , one can easily loose it with little work