Friday, September 30, 2005

Another Day in the Jungle

Yesterday, at exactly 8:20am my driver dropped me at the front steps of my former workplace. Before going there, we passed by Becky's Kitchen and I bought morning goodies (ensaymada, cinnamon and cheese rolls) for pasalubong. With three boxes for the kids, I braved the music and entered the jungle after 23 days of being a non-KDAS employee.

Since I'm a little bit early for my 9:00am appointment with my former boss, I visited Mother Lily and had a lively conversation about why she hasn't seen me for weeks and how come I didn't say my goodbyes. It was fun talking to her, if I am not that full with breakfast, I would have accepted the offer of the free food she just cooked for that day's lunch. So tempting and so good: the usual Chicken Adobo with Tofu and Egg! She is going back to Switzerland to visit her kids and will stay longer than last visit. I mentioned to her not to forget me the original Toblerone bars as pasalubong. She is such a nice person and with a big heart.

Oops, late na pala ako. Hurriedly said my goodbyes to Mother Lily and promised to visit her and she promised to call, especially after the Alps trip. I cannot wait for the authentic chocolate bars, my ultimate fave of all chocolate bars.

Quietly, I entered the Jungle, opened the first door, and guess what! Saw Cutie, Sweetness and Norman (wala pa akong code for you, sorry!) and then ang bilis ng news, one by one biglang nagsipasok as if the boss is not in the office. She, Ja, Jer and Mike! See how they loved the fabulous Madam Ralline? Hugs and kisses galore and so much laughter filled the small room.



Since it is already past 9am, I told them I will be back, walked slowly, checked my old room, nobody's in the area, wonder where is Tita, checked the last room, and saw my little sister, my ACE and the controversial little brother.

Without any talkies, my Ace stood up, and hugged me, oh so tight, that I had to control the tears in my eyes. Guess what, much as I do not want to see the reaction of the little brother, what do I get, a raised eyebrow, which is full of BS! Nevertheless, I promised a few people the day prior my appearance to the jungle, that I will behave and smile. Yes, I did smile. I smiled my sweetest smile to everyone and I just hugged Jean as tight as I could. Keber nila, I really don't care, I'm not a Care Bear!

I will never know when is the next hug that I will get from her so for me to remember everything, I cleared my thoughts for that few seconds, and just dedicated the time for my dearest Ace. A hug from somebody that appreciated what I had/have to offer as Ate Rain.

Then I knocked the first room and had a long conversation with the former boss. Did I behave? Of course, I am not the type of person that will finger point somebody's fault, diba nga, I accepted all faults kahit hindi akin and I always stand and voice out my concerns, ako pa! Hindi ako ever naging BOKA or naging drawing sa mga taong minamahal ko at sa mga kaibigan ko.

The private conversation with the former boss was good, a few laughs and more laughs when he called to the room the tres marias: Abbie, Jean and Jannice. We will still see each other soon - Sir Dan promised a night of drinks and seafood and we can't wait. Kahit nga sa Chili's Bar na lang or sa Dencio's puede na kami, kahit hindi na sa Pilar. Basta may pagkain at inuman!


It was like any ordinary day at KDAS, tawanan at kuwentuhan from Sir Dan until past 12noon. Ginutom na naman niya kami but before I left his room, I asked Jeremy and he took a photograph with the tres marias, moi and Sir Dan, something for me to keep and cherish.

Wow, just barely four hours in the Jungle and yet it was very eventful. Cutie asked if I missed the place, I answered her no, but in actuality, I do miss it a bit... and I do miss the people I shared many memories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you still miss them? till now? are you still friends with any of them?

you have more friends to spend time with, take care!