Thursday, October 20, 2005

C'est La Vie

Looking back at the twenty-some years of my life, it has been one heck of a ride. A colleague once told me that you need to create spikes in your life. These spikes make up the precious memories you will always remember. The highlights of your life.

Travel. Explore. Feel. Tantalize your senses.

Dreaming about the future sends my head up in the clouds. Nevertheless, the real world rushes by. Not stopping just for me to keep on dreaming a little longer. Reality pulls me back to earth. And the real world is never as perfect as in my dreams.

C'est la vie. That is just how life is.

The joy. The pain. The hope and fear of the unkown.

The late Gilda Radner summed it up pretty well.

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned the hard way that some poems don't rhyme and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what is going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."

Not knowing what comes next. That is the thrill of the ride.

No comments: