Monday, October 03, 2005

In memory of Dean Ma. Divina Pascua-Cruz

Ma. Divina Pascua-Cruz was one of my fondest professors at UP Diliman and she died last Friday, 30 September 2005.


It was Ate Shelly who sent the SMS to Norman then Norman showed to us his phone with the sad news and that time I was still with the kids enjoying dinner at Greenbelt 1.

I attended the Necrological Services with Jannice and Ka Roger earlier at the UP Chapel in Diliman, Quezon City. Wished so much that Mary Ann, Rachelle and Ella could come but they have their own appointments. We saw Jeremy and Joenabie together (sana nagkabalikan), a number of ILIS friends and classmates (Denise, Dante, Joel, Rhea, Harrietand Jean, Ate Elvie, Jocelyn, Lizbeth, Arnor and Cheche � to name a few), old teachers/professors, and a number of acquaintances and a few enemies. Wu, hu, hu. Much as I want to have pictures taken with the people who attended the services, I behaved myself and just looked around.

I will definitely miss her laughter, her lingering perfume, her mini skirts and all the words of wisdom she shared. Hats off to one fine lady!

Love doesn't end with dying
Or leave with the last breath.
For someone you've loved deeply,
Love doesn't end with death.
- John Addey

No comments: